Excellence in Education Communications Contest
PensSPRA provides an opportunity for school district communication professionals to be recognized in the annual Excellence in Education Communications Contest. The contest runs through February 3, 2019. Enter for your chance to be honored in this statewide contest!
Entries will be accepted in a number of categories to reflect the scope of work undertaken by communications professionals.
This year's categories are:
- Digital Media: Any content designed to support the district’s or IU's online/digital presence, such as social media campaigns, e-news or photography.
- Graphic Design: Any creative piece that requires the use of graphic design elements, such as infographics, flyers, logos, promotional ads/billboards or posters.
- Publications: Any public-facing printed document or supplement, such as newsletters, magazines, calendars, annual reports or other special publications.
- Special Purpose Projects: Any special communications project, such as communication strategic plans, presentations, special events or branding campaigns.
- Videos: Any content produced with audio/visual components, such as promotional videos, news shows, animations or other social media videos.
Eligibility: The contest is open to all public school districts and IUs in Pennsylvania. Materials must have been produced between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
Judging: Judging is conducted by a panel of independent professionals, who will provide all contestants with feedback after the contest has concluded.
How to Enter: Contestants should click on the submission form below and upload their content files or links through the website. If your printed publication is not available as a digital file, you may still enter by mailing two copies to: PenSPRA Communications Contest, P.O. Box 1087, Lansdale, PA 19446. Entries must be uploaded and/or postmarked by February 3, 2019.
Entry Fees and Payment:
- PenSPRA Member Fee: Initial entry fee is $50; each additional entry fee is $20
- Non-Member Entry Fee: Initial entry fee is $50; each additional entry fee is $50
Click here to pay online with your credit card or mail a check (payable to PenSPRA) to PenSPRA Communications Contest, P.O. Box 1087, Lansdale, PA 19446.
- Award of Excellence will be given to the top entries in each category.
- Award of Honor will be given to those entries that deserve special recognition in each category.
An e-mail notification will be sent to contest winners by March 15, 2019.
For any questions regarding your submission or the contest, please contact CommContest@PenSPRA.org.